Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Electric Beach

As a person who has never tanned before, has so little melatonin that I glare whiteness, I decided to go to the electric beach and find out once and for all if I could tan. People I've met have always said that everyone can tan and maybe they are saying this cause they've never seen others use shades to stop the glare of their bare white legs. Or they've never seen others stand by them in order to catch rays that are bouncing off them.

I've been to the tanning booth eight times now. I've burned twice. I've watched my arms, my back, and even my stomach get darker, more freckled. My legs however remain glaring white. They won't tan. Not to say I'm tan I now. I am dark enough to look like other normal looking white people who have not been in the sun.

I asked the guy who owns the place if there was anything I could do to get my legs less white. I have dreams of wearing skirts and shorts in the summertime. He said to stop shaving and then gave me a sunless tanning cream.

I have never been able to use sunless tanners because I can't apply them well. I always end up looking like I have permanent muddy legs. I have to wear socks and slacks in the middle of summer.

I'm at the point where I am going to try the spray on tanning booths. There at least I know my legs will be covered.

No comments: