Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Fast Food Advice

In a fit of boredom while tech support was attempting to fix a computer error, I read the back of my Starbucks cup.

The Way I See It #160

Sixty-nine percent of all problems in relationships are unsolvable. They are about differences in personality or needs. They never change. When you choose someone, you will have inherited the problems you will have for the next 50 years. Unfortunately, we pick people who are not as perfect as we are, (I'm perfect? Cool. Good to know.) so relationships work if you have wound up with a perpetual problems you can learn to live with. -- Dr. John Gottman; scientific expert on marriage, relationships, and family.

Is this advice I'd want to employ on a first date? I think not.

3 comments:

Voix said...

Good heavens. Sixty-nine percent? Isn't that a little excessive? Not exactly hopeful, is it?

Chelle said...

Michele - I think the advice is a ploy to sell more coffee. Bums you out enough that you buy more caffiene to just to get your energy going again.

Cincysundevil said...

Hhhhmmm ... I need the cup that just espouses that I need to find someone as screwed up as I am.