Thursday, August 24, 2006

Friend-ship

I get up god awful early to walk in the mornings before I go to work. I walk about two miles before I head down to the boardwalk to watch the sun come up over the river.

This morning as I was turning onto the boardwalk I saw the Friendship awaiting me.*

She's huge against our tiny dock. Her masts rising skyward and hull overshadowing the boardwalk.

I stopped to take in her magnificence and contemplate her beauty. I was joined by two joggers; all three of us pausing our MP3 players and staring in silence at the great tall ship outlined by the dawning sky and river.

*I returned at 7 am to take this picture.

1 comment:

my0p said...

You get up wayy tooo early. I wish I could get up early naturally; alas after more than 30 years, I still hate getting up early ...