Friday, December 30, 2005

About Five Things

I am trying to think of five things most people don't know about me as I have been tagged by mopeysouthernchick. I admit it is difficult.

1. I love puns.

2. People are fascinating to me. I don't know if that makes me an arm chair psychologist or sociologist, but people are a puzzle I like to work on in my mind. I don't think there is an ultimate answer to why people are the way they are at least not until we know how the other 80% of our brains work. Sometimes I think that we are about theories and no definitive proofs that answer our makeup.

I have rarely met someone that I truly dislike. That said, I find it hard to get close to people. I am an introvert especially in crowds. With people I know and one on one I seem extroverted. When I meet someone and a barrier doesn't exist, I am amazed that I have made a friend or at least someone I will keep in contact with.

3. Laughing and smiling are like breathing to me. I sometimes think that I have been put on this earth to make people around me smile. There used to be this guy at work who could be a bit mopey and glum. When others would tell me about it, I would play a practical joke on him. Something small, but enough when I heard the aggggh, I would stand up and see him grinning. So if there is something I hate, it is to see good people glum. Any good people.

4. Clouds are fascinating. Like Eeyore's cloud painting, clouds are amazing to look at. I have flown a lot, and I never am tired of looking at the clouds out the plane window. Clouds form rivers and valleys, sometimes oceans that meet great mountains. There could be canyons in the clouds and no river to form them. Clouds make mists and fogs of eerily magical lands with no creature to walk them. A sunset or sunrise light these lands brilliantly, rich in color. Hues of reds and purples fire the sky and ease over the clouds.

5. My family is spread out across this country. My friend Aileen and I went on trip cross country and I had a relative in almost every state that we passed. We headed along the Southern route from Georgia to Nevada. Having relatives this far ranging means I have the opportunity to see a lot of country but I do miss having family near at hand.

Thanks Erica!!

1 comment:

Erica said...

I love clouds, too! That sounds so stupid! "I love clouds... and turtles... and unicorns"

But I do! When I fly on a plane, I can't stop staring out the window, especially when we get up above the clouds. I just lose myself out there. Too cool!

I'm glad you enjoyed this little exercise. It's kinda hard to come up with five things, and they might not seem interesting to the writer who is living them, but the readers enjoy it.

Happy New Year!