Monday, April 10, 2006

Rock, Paper, Scissors

The game is now a sport in Las Vegas?

Apparently yes. Las Vegas held a Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament this past weekend.

I went on the web to confirm that the tournament was actually played and to my surprise a Rock Paper Scissors search came up with 118,000 links.

Oh. My. God. You are kidding, right?

Several RPS, as it called by regional clubs, sites help RPS members become more strategic at the game.

To me, strategy for RPS is kin to having strategy for a coin toss. (and if there is a coin toss strategy - I don't want to know.)

I have some fond childhood memories of RPS. Maybe that's why I bought this t-shirt two years ago.



Nah, I just liked the play on words.

2 comments:

Cincysundevil said...

Wow ... you know, I thought that when they made Dogdgeball, people would realize it was a spoof of a sport. Apparently not. Now this comes along and now there's money to be had. Next thing you know, thumb wrestling and pin the tail on the donkey will be the next big "sports".

Anonymous said...

they've made a "sport" out of "competitive eating," they've made a "sport" out of ballroom dancing, and now they make a sport out of the game moe, larry, and curly played to see who had to clean the toilet.

what's next? competitive car crashing? wait...never mind.