- Maybe watching the Olympics is a good idea.
- Spandex-clad joggers jog through snow, sleet, wind and rain. Coincidence same is said of postal workers? I think not.
- Your house is your home... for at least two days.
- Tea and hot chocolate are your best friends.
- It's not the best time to realize that your snow boots and shovel are in the car.
- Thermals really do work.
- Shoveling has to be good exercise otherwise my thighs and biceps would not hurt so much... ouch.
- Snow drifts that are taller than you, natural or from a snow plow, are impressive if not a little scary.
- Funny stupid hats are no longer funny; they are ingenious devices that really keep your head warm.
- You develop an appreciation for ski masks.
- When walking in the cold, bring tissues. You'll know what I mean when you go inside somewhere.
- When your car finally gets plowed out, remember to bring your license and money.
- The radio station telling you that temp outside is colder than Fargo means nothing.
- People are cooler when you shovel out together.
Monday, February 13, 2006
Realizations from a Blizzard