Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Flat Stanley

I waited for a phone call from a boy for the first time since high school. And I was stood up.

Normally, a boy would be immediately forgotten. I would be challenged to remember his name or recall his face. However, this boy is forgiven.

What makes him so special? He's eight and my godson.

My godson is doing a project for school and I have been enlisted to help him. I was supposed to hear all the details last week, but I suppose homework, baseball, or something else got in the way. Ah well...

Flat Stanley arrived in the mail a few days later.

Flat Stanley is a kid that got squashed flat as a pancake. He's normal in all other aspects. Now that Stanley can fit into an envelope and be mailed, he has a penchant for traveling

My godson has colored up Stan the Man in readiness for a tour of the places that surround me. Stanley and I went to Maine over the weekend. (The picture is of Stanley at Land's End. )

Stanley and I are heading into Boston next.

2 comments:

Erica said...

We are fans of Flat Stanley in Charlotte - I look forward to his many adventures!

dahlizyx said...

Ian is doing Flat Stanley, too! Unfortunately, Flat Stanley has gone on a solo trip to the Land of Missing Socks. I hope he returns before Ian has to take him back to school.