Thursday, January 05, 2006

Problem Pics

When I see a great picture, I fall in love with it. I like seeing how other people interpret the world. I've seen great photos out on the web. Photos that are truly artistic. *


As the photo here shows, I know I am not the best photographer in the world. Heck, I usually don't even take pictures when I go someplace. Yet, every now and then, I want to capture the moments that are important to me.

I want to know if my disposable camera attraction is contributing to my inability of taking a good picture or am I just horrible.

Last year I bought an a digital disposable camera. If you used the camera to take pictures at a certain range, everyone appeared to gain 50-100 pounds. I bought the camera to snap my godson's birthday party. My pictures ended up with these ga-enormous kids running around. Trust me the kids were healthy kids.

The next camera I bought was the NEW ZOOM disposable camera for this past Christmas. The pictures were horribly grainy. I tried to get the HP software to improve them, but really, bad can't be made great when bad is your starting point.

I sent the pics to relatives and godparents of the kids with my humblest apologies hoping that capturing the moment would be worth it.

*To see gifted photographers check out: http://uaebelle.blogspot.com/ , http://www.ahagraphics.com/home.html , http://www.majestic-photography.com/ . These are a few photo sites I like or have been directed to by other bloggers.

No comments: